Dear Fellow Concerned Travelers:
I have been on the road for most of my life. I was totally inspired a few years back when I first saw hotels adopting progressive linen policies that support our environment.
…And I have been discouraged most every day travel since, when I see that hotels may post a good show, but they certainly have some work to do, even in adhering to their own published policies.
- How many times have I left my towel hanging on a rack (signifying “I will use this again”), only to see it replaced?
- How many of my bath mats ever see but one use?
- How many facecloths does one man need, anyway?
Our cause here is simple. Please take a stand for our environment when you hit the road, by being a demanding customer around hotel linen policies.
When traveling, team members support our cause in the following ways:
- Observing all posted hotel linen policies
- Requesting that their hotel(s) adopt a linen policy, if one is not in place
- Reporting to management if hotel staff has changed linens without their approval.
We’re excited to have you as part of our team, and we hope spread awareness by inviting your friends to join. Rock on Green Travelers!